Re: Problem with XHTML validation

From: Doug Ewell <dewell@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 22:42:54 -0700
To: "Nick Kew" <nick@webthing.com>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>

Nick Kew <nick at webthing dot com> wrote:

> I'd presume that what's happening is that your browser is sending
> an incorrect MIME header identifying the document as us-ascii.

I wouldn't have thought that would matter, what with all the UTF-8
declarations.  It seems I have much to learn.  Thanks.

I should have added, in my original message, that this type of problem
never, never happens to me with the HTML 4.01 validator.  All of my HTML
files contain at least one non-ASCII character (some contain hundreds)
and they all check out fine in either mode.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California
 http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/