Re: Feature Request: Send Accept header

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 22:12:30 +0000 (GMT)
To: Herr Christian Wolfgang Hujer <Christian.Hujer@itcqis.com>
cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Herr Christian Wolfgang Hujer wrote:

> I have a feature request.
> I want the validator to have an option to send a specific Accept header to the
> server site that is going to be validated.

I have now implemented support for Content Negotiation, together with
Cookies and Basic Authentication, in Page Valet.
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/page/conneg.html>

> Instead of sending no Accept header I suggest sending the following accept
> header as default:
> Accept:
> text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.1

It sends no Accept: header by default, but allows you to specify it
in an "advanced" Form.

This should be equally straightforward in the W3 validator.  Any thoughts?

--
Nick Kew