Re: Feature Request: Send Accept header

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: 28 Mar 2003 10:44:09 +0100
To: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Le jeu 27/03/2003 ŗ 15:57, Jim Ley a ťcrit :
> "Herr Christian Wolfgang Hujer" <Christian.Hujer@itcqis.com> wrote in
> message news:200303270925.59692.Christian.Hujer@itcqis.com...
> >Instead of sending no Accept header I suggest sending the following accept
> >header as default:
> >Accept:
> >text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.1
> Please don't ever send any Accept header which prefers generic XML
> mime-types over more specific ones such as text/html . The validator is
> primarily an HTML validator, if you're validating XML then there are other
> more appropriate validators out there.

I agree we should not use text/xml over some more precise MIME-Type. I
propose the following Accept header:

I don't think we need "*/*;q=0.1" since the validator is not a generic
user-agent and will fail with any other mime-type I believe (I'm not
sure about this, though).