RE: FOO and BAR

:) They're just what you discovered them to be from the dictionary. They
don't mean anything. They're just used as a placeholder for text in
examples. Much in the same way as designers use meaningless text in
prototype designs.

If you want to know more there's plenty of resources on the web that attempt
to detail their history. Just Google for them.

e.g.

instead of

HTH
Nigel