Re: Why a difference in the way a page is validated when uploaded vs. URL given?????

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 03:19:40 +0100
To: "Kornelis, Abe (MPX)" <a.kornelis@pinkroccade.com>
cc: www-validator@w3.org

Kornelis, Abe  (MPX) <a.kornelis@pinkroccade.com> wrote:

>I have a comparable problem: when I check the uploaded file it validates
>ok. When I run the checker against a local copy on my harddisk
>(identical content-wise) then I receive an error-message stating that
>text/plain content is currently not supported.

Your browser sets the MIME Content-Type on upload to the Validator while
your web server sets the Content-Type when Validating the file on-line
(after publishing). In this case, your browser is sending the wrong
Content-Type. You'll need to investigate how to make it send the right
information; this /may/ involve changing the filename to have a filename
extension the browser recognizes as HTML (e.g. ".html" or ".htm").

--
Now Playing "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" by "AC/DC"",
 from the album "Back In Black".