Re: List of links at validator site

Gazza <gary@garyjones.co.uk> wrote:

>Why would the homepage from a (X)HTML validation service not correctly
>display the semantic markup it needs? (Obviously not a CSS issue as
>such, otherwise they wouldn't be using the "hack" mentioned above)...

Like so many things, Hysterical Raisins; and the vaguely prune-like object
in this instance is Netscape 4.x (and a few other "CSS Challenged"
browsers). The navbar started out as a list and then eventually morphed
into it's current state as more and more compatibility crutches were added.

The current development version returns to the list model for this due to
one simple fact; we now hide all CSS from Netscape 4.x. The current release
version doesn't do this simply because there are far far too many
interlocking compatibility issues involved that I don't want to start
fiddling with in a stable release series.

--
Now Playing "Given the Dog a Bone" by "AC/DC"",
 from the album "Back In Black".