RE: Intranet Validator?

Nick Kew wrote:

>> I'm interested in the same thing, and I've been in contact
>> with Terje Bless about the problem,
>
> (Terje is normally around on this list, but I think he may be
> on the road just now).

Ok. I hope he gets back to me on this one, then.

>> [...] to the validator without using the hideous MIME multipart
>> format and such, and also get the response in XML and not HTML.
>
> The advantage of the MIME multipart format is that browsers support
> it out-of-the-box.

Of course they do. I know that. I don't want the existing functionality
to be replaced or anything. I just want a functionality that's easier
to work with, and I feel XML is such.

> It's not clear to me that your suggestion [... ]is any less hideous.

Ok. I just feel that a standard SOAP interface is easier to work
with from different programming environments (Java, .NET) than the
MIME multipart is.

> Don't hold your breath.

I won't.

> It's not in the current beta update.

Why not? Isn't it about time we get this kind of interface for the
validator?

> It's two years since I first offered a similar XML-based service

Jeez. Why haven't it been icorporated into the validator yet?

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg           -=|=-          X-No-Archive: No
"He's a loathsome offensive brute, yet I can't look away"