Re: DocType

From: "Charlie Hayes"
> What is doctype???, I use Microsoft Front Page 2002 10.2623.2625. I
can
> find nothing on doc type.  I am just learning search engines, but no
> other validater has asked for doctype, just content, meta, ect.?
Whats
> up???

The DTD or template which would contain a doctype or DTD may be found
over in the MS Office folders. You could open this template in a text
editor, modfiy it for the DTD you wish to use, and save it back to the
originating folder for future use.

Searching help inside FP will produce no results for doctype, dtd, etc.

A *how-to* piece at webaim.org explains how this can be fixed.
_How to Make Accessible Web Content Using Front Page 2000_
http://www.webaim.org/howto/frontpage/
* Though this is for FP 2000, much of this may work for FP2002,
hopefully it is not necessary in FP2003 when it is released, and those
templates(and other standards, accessibility features) are findable,
included, and easily accessible(usable) from within the authoring
software app.

_2.1 Change the default template to one that is valid_
http://www.webaim.org/howto/frontpage/#h21

More info on Doctype (which may have already been suggested)
W3C QA: List of Valid DTDs [and exmple templates]
http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/04/valid-dtd-list.html

(personally, I also like the information from
http://htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/doctype.html , Choosing a DOCTYPE)

holly