Re: default charset broken

From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho@ifi.uio.no>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 19:40:04 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

[Martin Duerst]:

>   This change is in the validator now for almost two years.
>   I'm surprised that you haven't become aware of it earlier.

as I said, the pages are pretty static, and I haven't had any reason
to re-run the validator.  after all, it did confirm conformity before,
and the spec hasn't changed.

>   For how to have your server send out the appropriate HTTP header
>   (if you don't want to e.g. include a <meta> tag in your pages,
>   please see http://www.w3.org/International/O-HTTP-charset.

thanks, but if you won't fix your validator, I'll rather just remove
the link to it.

--
Kjetil T.			|  read and make up your own mind