Re: [ANN] 0.6.2 Beta #1 of the W3C Markup Validator

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
 > * Eric Meyer wrote:
 >>
 >>I think this is a great change, one that will make validation
 >>significantly more friendly and usable for developers.  Thanks for
 >>including it in this update!
 >
 > In http://www.w3.org/mid/3DB94F7F.4090300@netscape.com you
 > disagreed to such a change, what made you change your mind?

Mostly that the intervening time has taught me that most authors, upon
seeing that their markup doesn't validate, just give up.  It's better to
at least try to meet them halfway and try to get them to take the next
step.  Also that the results here indicate that something's wrong, but
there's an attempt at validation anyway, so there is a small chance that
the author will think that their page validated.  They might, but it's
unlikely.

--
Eric A. Meyer ............. emeyer@netscape.com
Standards Evangelist ...... http://devedge.netscape.com/