Re: Invalid Characters

From: Jens Bang <jbang@frejadata.dk>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 11:12:30 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi Alden!

At 09:50 01-06-2003 -0700, you wrote:
>When you find invalid characters that don't fit the coding, you list the
>lines they appear on but don't list the text.  It is very difficult to
>find those lines without counting down perhaps hundreds of lines in the
>file to find the offending one.  I had to remove lines in a process of
>elimination to find the line that had the bad code.  Then I had to type
>over that line because it appeared fine to me with my editor.  This is
>very tedious.

When the validator finds an error on your oage, it automaticaaly includes
the validated code (including line-numbers) at the bottom of the page where
it describes the error. So you just have to page Down far enough, and you
can easily see which line the validator refers to.

Venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Jens Bang (jbang@frejadata.dk)

Freja Data                    Tlf./phone : +45 - 3537 - 7003
Guldbergs Plads 12 1. th.     Cellphone  : +45 - 4046 - 3442
DK-2200 KÝbenhavn N
Denmark                       Homepage   : www.frejadata.dk