Re: Invalid Characters

From: Jens Bang <jbang@frejadata.dk>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 11:12:30 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi Alden!

At 09:50 01-06-2003 -0700, you wrote:
>When you find invalid characters that don't fit the coding, you list the
>lines they appear on but don't list the text.  It is very difficult to
>find those lines without counting down perhaps hundreds of lines in the
>file to find the offending one.  I had to remove lines in a process of
>elimination to find the line that had the bad code.  Then I had to type
>over that line because it appeared fine to me with my editor.  This is
>very tedious.

When the validator finds an error on your oage, it automaticaaly includes
the validated code (including line-numbers) at the bottom of the page where
it describes the error. So you just have to page Down far enough, and you
can easily see which line the validator refers to.

---

Venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Jens Bang (jbang@frejadata.dk)

Freja Data                    Tlf./phone : +45 - 3537 - 7003
Guldbergs Plads 12 1. th.     Cellphone  : +45 - 4046 - 3442
DK-2200 KÝbenhavn N
Denmark                       Homepage   : www.frejadata.dk