Invalid Characters

From: Alden <alden@aspafford.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 09:50:00 -0700
To: www-validator@w3.org

When you find invalid characters that don't fit the coding, you list the
lines they appear on but don't list the text.  It is very difficult to
find those lines without counting down perhaps hundreds of lines in the
file to find the offending one.  I had to remove lines in a process of
elimination to find the line that had the bad code.  Then I had to type
over that line because it appeared fine to me with my editor.  This is
very tedious.

Alden Spafford
Oakland, Calif.