RE: http-equiv="refresh" redirects ignored in markup validator

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Lars Holst wrote:

> Kynn wrote:
> >I'm afraid I don't understand why your ignorance becomes my problem.
> >It's a shame you don't know, but I would ascribe it to a deficiency in
> >your experience of learning Web development.  You should really have
> >been taught (by instructor, by book, by tutorial, etc.) that
> >a meta-refresh is a poor way to send people from one address to another.
>
> Kynn, don't be afraid. I never suggested it was "your problem". What I did
> say was that an explanation or a link would be helpful. The rest is your own
> interpretation. If I may offer you some constructive feedback, I think your
> reply would have benefited from avoiding language such as "ignorance",
> "shame", and "should". At least I would have appreciated it more that way.

Oh, well. I must admit that Kynn's "why can't this non-autodidact
idiot use google?" reaction was exactly my own. His post just beat me
to it.

> Should the validator service assume a certain level of knowledge on behalf
> of the developer? Certainly so. Should it exclude those who don't have that
> knowledge rather than trying to help them become better developers?
> Certainly not. And the same should go for posts to this forum.

Looking forward to you hanging around this forum and contributing such
posts.

L.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><L.Wood@ee.surrey.ac.uk>