Re: shift_jis,iso-8859-1

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 05:44:11 +0200
To: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Cc: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>

* Terje Bless wrote:
>Whoever administers your web server however, has slipped up slightly during
>configuration. S/he's probably added the Apache configuration directive
>"AddDefaultCharset" or "AddCharset" and set it to "Shift_JIS,ISO-8859-1"
>thinking it to be a list of comma-separated values. It is actually just a
>single value and so should be set to either "Shift_JIS" or "ISO-8859-1" but
>not both.

Same in their meta, on http://members.aol.com one can find

        content='text/html; charset=Shift_JIS,ISO-8859-1'>

:-(

I've now seen such constructs about half a dozen of times. As the comma
is not allowed in charset named, could the validator have a special case
for them with a more user friendly error message?