using the xhtml validator on pages requiring login that pass cook ies to you

From: Fred Guanzon <FGuanzon@fool.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:09:02 -0400
To: "'www-validator@w3.org'" <www-validator@w3.org>

Is there a way to use the xhtml validator on pages that require login and
that pass cookies to you for your personal settings? If I try to use the
validator on a site like that I usually get an error because I am redirected
to the site's login page, even if I have already logged into the page and
had its cookie passed to me. When I run the validator it seems to run like a
new user to the site, who does not have cookies or a login. Is there a way
to hack the check.cgi file in order to have it pass a login and password to
the site I want to validate and then grab and then pass back the cookie that
the site is passing to me. I was thinking of using lwp, but I want to know
if anyone has done this successfully and how did they do it using lwp or any
other method?

Thanks,

Fred