[Enh] Help correcting lack of charset info?

From: Eric Schwartz <emschwar@debian.org>
Date: 16 Jul 2003 17:42:28 -0600
To: www-validator@w3.org

I think it'd be very handy if the error message you get when the
validator cannot detect a document's charset gave (or better yet, linked
to) information telling you how to correct the problem.  As it is, I'm
forced to look through, a wide variety of documentation in order to set
the variable properly, and I'm still not sure whose fault it is that
it's not getting set.

Thanks for all your effort!

Eric Schwartz <emschwar@debian.org>
Debian GNU/Linux Software Project