Re: Odd error message; no explanation...

From: Havard Eidnes <he@uninett.no>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:05:58 +0200 (CEST)
To: P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk
Cc: derhoermi@gmx.net, www-validator@w3.org

> The explanation is probably very accurate, but can't really help
> Bjoern if he doesn't /want/ one of "<applet>, <object>,

Well, it was "my" document and not Bjoern's...

It appears that an otherwise empty <object> will do the job to remove
that particular problem.

> Bjoern, since the <font> tag appears to be the cause of your problems,
> why not give it up (for ever) and use CSS styling to influence the
> final presentation?

Well, there's a little more than just doing a global substitute or
manually changing the doucment.  It's generated by groff and a macro
package, which makes it a bit more complicated to change.

Regards,

- Håvard