Compliant Graphic problem

From: Christopher Ruppel <cruppel@purdue.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:19:22 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org

Upon validating my website, I received the compliant page with the
graphics and source required to insert them on my page.  After copying
and pasting the XHTML 1.0 and CSS source into my page, the validator
generated an error that came from the CSS image tag not being properly
closed.  I find this more humorous than distressing since it's so easy
to fix, but still, the validator instructions are invalidating all of
the websites they are approving.

Thanks,
Chris
cruppel@purdue.edu