Re: Document Type override or the Character Encoding override

* Terje Bless wrote:
>Johnna <jrob@sisna.com> wrote:
>
>>When I try to validate my web pages, I receive the following message.
>
>Please provide more details about your browser and OS version and the complete
>page that you are attempting to Validate. It would also be usefull to have a
>description of the steps you take to perform the validation. e.g. you imply do
>not spell out that you are attempting to validate a file using the File Upload
>mechanism (as opposed to e.g. validating a published file by URL).

Uhm... It's quite obvious that Johnna selected HTML 4.01 Transitional
from the dropdown menu, validated a valid HTML 4.01 Transitional
document with a correct HTML 4.01 Transitional doctype and wonders why
the validator tells that the document needs to be altered in order to
validate...