Re: 2 questions

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: 06 Jul 2003 23:24:07 +0300
To: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Cc: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>

On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 23:11, Terje Bless wrote:

> >3) Find a validator that retrieves your DTD on demand over the net,
> >   or install one and configure it to use your DTD.  The W3C validator
> >   doesn't retrieve DTDs on demand, but you can grab the source code
> >   from <http://validator.w3.org/source/>.
>
> It doesn't? It's supposed to do that.

Hm, ok, I think I was confused about the -R option to onsgmls.  Sorry
about the misinformation.

>  Test case?

At least <http://www.ibm.com/us/> triggers something interesting.  My
local copy of the validator doesn't seem to try to fetch the DTD, and
tries to validate the document as as HTML 4.01 Transitional.

--
\/