Using slash inside font-tag does not validate

From: Julian G. F. Zimmerle <j.zimmerle@cosibis.de>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:44:35 GMT
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi!

The validator does not validate the following page:
http://www.schmidt-griffith.de/inhalt/kontakt-w3c.html

I think that this is a bug, as it validates fine when I replace the
slash with &#47; or remove it. AFAIK it should be allowed to use slashes
in the text?

BTW, I do not read this list, so if you want to reply, please do so by
private email to j.zimmerle@cosibis.de.

Best wishes,

Julian G. F. Zimmerle
--
Chairman and ArcheCA administrator of the
Arche Acorn User Club e.V., Essen, Germany