Re: CSS optimizer?

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:33:06 +0900
Cc: "'www-validator@w3.org'" <www-validator@w3.org>
To: "Hawk,Mickey" <hawkm@oclc.org>

On Friday, Jan 24, 2003, at 07:59 Asia/Tokyo, Hawk,Mickey wrote:

> Does anyone know of a utility that will optimize a CSS file by
> combining redundant styles and other such magic?

Hmm, this is not really the list for this question (I believe you sent
it here because W3C hosts a CSS validator, but the public list for it
is www-validator-css@w3.org, where this question is actually a bit
off-topic too!).

Anyway, the css validator (http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/) does
give a compact stylesheet as a result of validation. I'm not aware of
other tools, but you may want to check the Usenet newsgroup
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
--
Olivier Thereaux - W3C - QA : http://www.w3.org/QA/