[henri@w3.org: Re: [Moderator Action] Is part of your site down?]

From: Henri Fallon <henri@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:00:30 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org
Cc: web-human@w3.org
After some discussion with this user, he finally discovered Norton Privacy
was preventing validator from working with the /referer link

My take is that it cuts out the referer header; maybe it wouldn't
if we had a p3p statement, but this is only a guess which I don't
really beleive in.

Anyhow, you may want to state this on a help page

--
Henri Fallon - W3C Webmaster
MIT Room NE43-340    Tel:617-258-8143

attached mail follows:

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 08:02:39PM -0500, Al Sparber wrote:
> You may want to reopen the case at least to post a message on your error
> page to alert users that the Privacy Control option in Norton Internet
> Security is what is causing the problem. Since there are millions of
> users of this software, you may want to make a small note somewhere.

I will transmit this to the validator mainteners. Thanks for reporting.

Best regards