Suggestion for a fix

From: Ali Bali <kodehode@yahoo.dk>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:45:40 +0100 (CET)
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi there  :)

I have a small suggestion for a fix of the
HTML-validator.
The specifications states that '[]' can't be used for
HTML-element's NAME and ID. That is not reflected in
the validator.

Very often I have discussions with other
PHP-programmers about the issue, and they always say:
"The validator doesn't complain, so why should I
care?".

The validator is often considered 'the law' (which of
course is a great and well earned compliment to the
creators and maintainers of this great piece of
software) - not the specifications.
Seen in that context, I believe that the validator
should reflect the rules laid out in the
specifications, so I wonder if it is considered a bug
- or if it is on purpose.

If it was up to me, it would be corrected - but please
correct me if I'm wrong  :)

Please keep up the good work, Guys!

=====
Venlig hilsen
/Best regards

Ole Clausen

Everyone has a photographic memory .... some just don't have film

Har du problemer med din hjemmecomputer? Få hjælp med Yahoo!s PC-support på http://dk.shopping.yahoo.com/pcsupport/index.html