JSP error?

From: Angela Johansson <angvi798@student.liu.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:09:35 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi,

I have some problem validating my JSP page.  It says:

>Sorry! A fatal error occurred when attempting to
>transcode the character encoding of the document.
>Either we do not support this character encoding
>yet, or you have specified a non-existent character
>encoding (often a misspelling).
>The detected character encoding was "8859_1".
>The error was "8859_1 undefined; replace by
>iso-8859-1".

although the document says:
  <head>
     <title>menu page</title>

If I use Opera to validate the same page via "Frame/Validate source" it has no problem validating.
This is likely due to the fact that Opera validates the cached version of the page, which has the same source code, but a different name ("something.htm" instead of "menu.jsp").

How can I validate my JSP pages? The contents received by the browser is pure html, but I am forced to give the files names that end in ".jsp" so the server can parse them and generate the html content.
It seems like this is a validator bug.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards,
/Angela Johansson