Local validator from commandline

Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 04:05, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>
>>>I have managed to get w3c-validator to runon my local system
>>>(RedHat 8.0 + Apache 2.0) and I can enter an URI in the local
>>>copy og W3C MarkUp Validation Service form.
>
> Red Hat 8 RPMs of the validator are available at
> <http://cachalot.ods.org/>.
>
> Be sure to use the code from validator-0_6_0-branch in CVS if you want
> to set it up yourself.

It works now.

I am developing a tool to mass validate html files and want be
able to run every thing off-line without http access to the
html files.
Take a look to see some of the results here
http://www.studt.dk/w3c/fokus-00/w3-org.html

OK
==
This works locally but pulls the html files form the internet

wget --verbose --tries=1 --timeout=120
--user-agent=Mozilla/5.0
http://localhost/w3c-validator/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.studt.dk%2Fw3c%2Fbaggrund.html;verbose=1

Problem
=======
This does not work trying to pull the htmp file from
file:///tmp/baggrund.html (in Mozilla this will show the html
file)

wget --verbose --tries=1 --timeout=120
--user-agent=Mozilla/5.0
http://localhost/w3c-validator/check?uri=file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Fw3c%2Fbaggrund.html;verbose=1

Is there a way to make the validator pick a local file without
  parsing the file content as part of the http request
???

Is there a way to validate a local file without using the
apache interface
???

--
Hans Christian Studt  : http://hc.studt.dk  mailto:hc@studt.dk