Local validator from commandline

From: Hans Christian Studt <hcstudt@post10.tele.dk>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 23:19:04 +0100
To: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 04:05, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>>>I have managed to get w3c-validator to runon my local system
>>>(RedHat 8.0 + Apache 2.0) and I can enter an URI in the local
>>>copy og W3C MarkUp Validation Service form.
> Red Hat 8 RPMs of the validator are available at
> <http://cachalot.ods.org/>.
> Be sure to use the code from validator-0_6_0-branch in CVS if you want
> to set it up yourself.

It works now.

I am developing a tool to mass validate html files and want be
able to run every thing off-line without http access to the
html files.
Take a look to see some of the results here

This works locally but pulls the html files form the internet

wget --verbose --tries=1 --timeout=120

This does not work trying to pull the htmp file from
file:///tmp/baggrund.html (in Mozilla this will show the html

wget --verbose --tries=1 --timeout=120

Is there a way to make the validator pick a local file without
  parsing the file content as part of the http request

Is there a way to validate a local file without using the
apache interface

Hans Christian Studt  : http://hc.studt.dk  mailto:hc@studt.dk
.dk og W3C standarder : http://w3c.studt.dk