html 4.01 validator

From: <rober160@ift.ulaval.ca>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 10:05:28 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi,

  I have a question for you.

  I must use theses tags :
 <frameset rows="118,*" framespacing="0" frameborder="0">

  because I join a left frame with a top frame together to make them appear as
a unique frame. This is done with a curve in another vertical frame. If I dont
use them, There will be a space between the frame, frame borders will appear
and it won't appear like a unique frame. The validator dont like the
framespacing and frameborder tags.

my site is at http://www.gmc.ulaval.ca/eec. (note that the validator won't work
for now because the site is not updated).

Can I use other tags that do the same jobs and that make my web site a valid
html 4.01 page ?