VI? What's all that about then?

From: Christopher M Jackson <C.M.Jackson@cs.cardiff.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:54:59 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-validator@w3.org

1.Line 15, column 27: the name and VI delimiter can be omitted from an attribute specification only if SHORTTAG
YES is specified

                                   ^

I can find nothing in the XHTML spec regarding "VI delimiters" and searching via the Google-powered search only
returns results on this mailing list, none of which are related to this error.  As a feature suggestion, it would
be useful if the validator privded a link with each error either to the relevant part of the spec it referrs to or
to an explanation of what the error is.

PS - For some reason my first post here isn't showing up in the archives.  While I'm not subscribed, I have found
enough clue to spot that my post *should* appear in the archives, along with any responses to it.

--
Chris M. Jackson
Professional Slacker