Re: Not XHTML! How Do I make it so?

Le mar 11/02/2003 à 16:20, Short, Christopher B. SrA a écrit :
> <input type="radio" name="sitesearch" value="" checked />
>
> The checked component makes for a non-XHTML compliant web page according to
> W3C's Validator.  I've done quite a bit of research and have found nothing
> to make sense of it.  Putting it in quotes does no good either.  You can see
> the page of the code at http://www.shortfamilyonline.com/links/

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.5 says
"XML does not support attribute minimization. Attribute-value pairs must
be written in full. Attribute names such as compact and checked cannot
occur in elements without their value being specified."

So the correct code would be:
<input type="radio" name="sitesearch" value="" checked="checked" />

Hope this helps,

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org