Re: Help Wanted: New Name/Interface for "Fussy" Parse Mode

Ville Skyttä wrote:

[snip]

> Pedantic?
> http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=pedant

Surely not : "c : a formalist or precisionist in teaching".
The original validator was/is "pedantic", sticking rigidly
to the rules enshrined/encapsulated in the DTD; the new
so-called "fussy" mode goes far beyond pedantry, and makes
forays into regions which I would term "over-enthusiastic" ...

To my mind, the earlier suggestion of "conservative" is open
to the same criticism : the original validator was/is "conservative"
in its diagnosis of errors; the new "fussy" version is surely
using the term "error" far too liberally ...

That said, I still can't find a perfect replacement for "fussy";
the best I can suggest off the top of my head is "zealous"

	http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=zealous

Philip Taylor