Re: New Validator Error Suggestions

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 20:41:36 +0200
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>

Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com> wrote:

>Okay, is www-validator@w3.org REALLY where you guys want to have folks
>start sending these suggestions?
>It seems to me that a suggestion list with separate archive would make a
>WHOLE lot more sense than subjecting everyone on www-validator to an
>endless stream of well-intentioned suggestions.

Hmmm. I hadn't considered that. If the number of suggestions becomes excessive
— that is, if we actually do get suggestions for every missing explanation or
improvements to the existing ones — this would quickly turn into a problem.

OTOH, having these suggestions here allows peer review by a wider audience
(and avoids Yet Another Mailinglist).

Given a) the address can be changed fairly quickly, and b) we hope to «fill in
time we release this into production; do you think we could live with getting
them here for the time beeing? If the volume increases significantly we'll of
course have to reconsider, but unless I hear objections I think I'm inclined
to leave them here for now. Does that sound ok, Kynn?

- --
We've gotten to the point where a human-readable, human-editable text format
for structured data has become a complex nightmare where somebody can safely
say  "As many threads on xml-dev have shown, text-based processing of XML is
hazardous at best"  and be perfectly valid in saying it.     -- Tom Bradford

Version: PGP SDK 3.0.2