Re: CSS Validator bug.

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 16:58:56 +0300 (EEST)
To: www-validator@w3.org
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, [iso-8859-15] Håvard Skjæveland wrote:

> When trying to validate my CSS files, I get an error on both of them
> saying:
>
> "Line: 0 Parse error - Unrecognized : .not { text-decoration: overline; }"
>
> Here they are:
>
> http://www.dataportalen.com/pho/style/main.css
> http://www.dataportalen.com/pho/style/alt.css

Looks like a real bug in "CSS validator". It seems that the
selector .not triggers the bug, in any context.

I guess the "CSS validator" is confused with .not because it thinks it's a
keyword of some sort. Compare this with that it says about the style sheet
.and {}:

Parse error - Unrecognized : .and {}

As far as I understand, "CSS validator" issues belong to the
www-validator-css list, so I'm Cc'ing it. I don't know whether this is
the right procedure, but I'd like to speed things up, since this looks
like a serious bug.