Re: [ANN] W3C Markup Validator 0.6.5 Beta #1 - "Zeldman Made Us Do It!" - Is Released!

"John Colby" <John.Colby@uce.ac.uk> wrote in message

>But your page doesn't have any <body></body> tags.
>
>And as far as I can see, for the DTD that you've
> stated <body> tags are required.

They're implied by the start of content only allowed in body.  So they are
there, change the beta validator to not be in fussy mode and you'll see it
says it's valid, and it indeed it is.

The Beta validator is also trying to be helpful in the tag-soup world we
actually author pages within, where being valid, can still be a bad choice,
because so many User Agents get it wrong.

Jim.