Re: Your validator is on crack

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:11:27 +0900
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: webmaster@bloodrane.tk

Greetings,

On Monday, Aug 4, 2003, at 15:54 Asia/Tokyo, Undeference wrote:
> I was suprised that your validator would even validate this page
> without
> giving an error about a bad dtd.

Could you please give more details?
I fail to understand exactly what behaviour you were expecting.

> Do not ask me why I do not use your dtds - you will not like my answer.

I am certain you did not mean that as a troll, as I am certain the tone
of your message is not aggressive but playful. However, if it were the
case, I am deeply sorry to inform you that this is off-topic (or at
least beyond topic). This mailing-list discusses how to achieve
*validation* against DTDs, not the creation of DTDs. However, useful,
constructive discussion on HTML itself (and its DTDs) is welcome on the
public www-html@w3.org list.

Regards,
--
olivier