[FYI] minor interruption of service, validator.w3.org

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:06:45 +0900
Cc: web-human@w3.org
To: www-validator@w3.org

Greetings,

A few hours ago, a routine system administration operation had an
unexpected result on the server validator.w3.org, causing an
interruption of service for the W3C's Markup Validator and Link Checker.

The services were promptly switched to a backup server, and things
should be operational now, though one may experience some unusual
latency. The services should, however, behave normally.

Everything should be back to normal within one or two days, and we
thank you for your patience as we get the production server back to
work.

Regards,
--
for W3C QA and Systems,