HTML validator : learn from Link checker!

From: Tony Rogers <azgul@wam.umd.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 12:45:25 -0400
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

The Link checker is very, very useful.  My many thanks to its creators.

One of the most useful features of this tool is the ability to tell it how
"deep" to check into a website; this is the "Check linked documents
recursively, recursion depth X" feature.

As webmaster of an incredibly huge site, I found myself wishing that the
HTML validator had a similar feature.  Does anyone know of a validator that
can check multiple pages--or, say, all the webpages in a single
directory--by giving it a single command?

If such an option doesn't exist, please consider this message to be a most
hopeful suggestion for such an option.  So that these words don't die out
quickly in the innumerable posts to this mailing list, please "second" my
proposal with responses if you think it's a good idea!

Thanks in advance, everyone.

-- Tony