Re: please add HTTP_ACCEPT = application/xhtml+xml,text/html

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, java java wrote:

> when validating please include a
> HTTP_ACCEPT = application/xhtml+xml, text/html
> to your header.

We've had this discussion.  It would not be appropriate to put that
in as default behaviour, given that the primary purpose of the service
is to validate HTML.

You may find http://valet.webthing.com/page/conneg.html meets your
needs (that's the "advanced" form for Page Valet).

> I have php code in my web-page that serves up the
> xhtml as application/xhtml+xml with type of XHTML1.1

PHP for content negotation seems to be overkill.  Not to mention
reinventing the wheel.

--
Nick Kew

In need of paying work - http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html