Re: Errors in MathML DTD

David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:

>I thought that the files might be available locally to the validator
>machine from the cvs repository sitting behind the w3.org web site

Well, ISTR Gerald or Olivier mentioning that the validator.w3.org machine
has it's own connectivity due to the sheer load on the box, but even if it
was on the same network segment as the source for the DTDs that would still
not account for local installations of the Validator or, as Nick mentioned,
other systems making use of the DTDs.

So I'm afraid maintaining a local copy of the DTD is the only viable
solution. A caching proxy -- or adding caching to our Entity Manager --
might have worked for the on-line Validators, but is not an option for
local installations that potentially sit behind a firewall (I maintain one
such myself).

--
Now Playing "Ne Me Quitte Pas (If You Go Away)" by "Nina Simone"",
 from the album "Feeling Good - The Very Best Of".