Re: BOM for UTF-8 should produce warning

Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org> wrote:

>According to reports/discussions on the unicode@unicode.org mailing
>list, a BOM at the start of an UTF-8 file produces some interoperability
>problems, but does not produce a warning.
>
>Can we please put the warning back?

As you're aware from our discussion on IRC, but posting here so the issue
is archived, the Validator will now produce an informational warning that a
BOM in UTF-8 have interoperability problems in some contexts.

--
Now Playing "Don't Explain" by "Nina Simone"",
 from the album "Feeling Good - The Very Best Of".