Re: Validating & in urls

Liorean <liorean@user.bip.net> wrote:

>On the page <http://liorean.web-graphics.com/>, I have a number of links
>containing javascript: urls that use && in them. When I passed this
>through the validator, it noted all the passages, but still said the
>page was valid XHTML 1.0 Strict.
>
>Shouldn't this cause the page to be invalid?

No. These are not errors, they're just warnings. The "&" character is
allowed to appear unescaped anywhere it is unambigious in SGML (not in XML,
but you are serving it as text/html). Thus the Validator warns you that the
character "&" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data,
but does not otherwise cause your page to be tagged as invalid.

--
Now Playing "I Loves You Porgy" by "Nina Simone"",
 from the album "Feeling Good - The Very Best Of".