Re: errors

Milach <milach@vetorialnet.com.br> wrote:

>Where is the error on my webpage at http://www.milach.com/index.html  ?
>If I try to validate files on it I at http://validator.w3.org/   I see
>the answer:
>
>I was not able to extract a character encoding labeling from any of the
>valid sources for such information. Without encoding information it is
>impossible to validate the document.

This indicates that your web server or web hosting service does not
identify which character encoding is beeing used in the page in question.
Without information about the character encoding it is impossible to
reliably Validate the page (and for browsers to reliably display it).

You should contact whoever is responsible for the server hosting the pages
and ask them to supply a default encoding and a method for authors to
override the defaults. As a temporary workaround you can include a <meta
http-equiv="Content-Type" data="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1> element in
your pages or use the character encoding override on the Validator web
interface to Validate your pages.

--
Now Playing "Ne Me Quitte Pas (If You Go Away)" by "Nina Simone"",
 from the album "Feeling Good - The Very Best Of".