Validator bug with JavaScript loop code

From: Glenn H <translogik@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 07:49:50 +0000
To: www-validator@w3.org

When validating the page at http://www.transmission.net.au/event/tickets.asp
I get an error saying that the page isn't valid. Basically the only error
that comes up is on the following line of JavaScript:

for (var i=0; i<lngNumItems; i++) {

Basically I think what's happening is that the validator thinks
"<lngNumItems" is part of a new tag, when of course it's just JavaScript

Is there any possibility of getting this fixed up? I can get around it by
putting <!-- --> around the JavaScript code, but am not going to since it's
a hack for older browsers that don't understand the <script> tag (which I no
longer support). Likewise I could fix it by adding in spaces (e.g. "i <
lngNumItems"), but again this shouldn't be necessary.

Anyway, please let me know!

P.S. It's a great service that you have here! Invaluable...

Glenn  :-)
Enigma Records - http://www.enigmarecords.com.au
Translogik Software Pty Ltd - http://www.translogik.com