Re: utf-8 validation error

At 14:21 03/04/08 -0600, David Thielen wrote:

>Hi;
>
>Ok, I checked it some more. It does allow standard CJK characters. So the
>only thing it complains about is characters in the 0x00-0x1f and 0x80-0x9f
>range.

Yes, that's because there are no characters in that range, and the
SGML declaration for HTML explicitly forbids these ranges (except
for tab/cr/lf).

>I understand your arguments about how these are not necessarily legit. But
>Microsoft makes the Webdings fonts freely available and everyone has the
>symbol & zapfdingbats fonts. You might want to make it an option to allow
>any unicode value.

You can use zapf dingbats as characters, if you use the right values.
Check out http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U2700.pdf for details.

Regards,   Martin.