Re: Possible Bug

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 04:21, Richard Hulse wrote:
> I have responded to my own query as I think I have worked it out.
>
> Neither the favelets that are around OR Checky escape the URL, when it appears that they should.
>
> The standard favelet is:
>
> javascript:void(document.location='http://validator.w3.org/check?uri='+document.location)
>
> but it should be:
>
> javascript:void(document.location='http://validator.w3.org/check?uri='+escape(document.location))
>
> to work correctly.
>
> Comments?

Yep, you're right about the escaping.  But document.location is
deprecated and has been dropped in modern browsers; window.location
works since JavaScript 1.0 and should be used instead.  I've fixed the
favelets in CVS, the fixed versions will appear in the next validator
release.  Thanks for the catch!

--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi