Re: Suggestion: Batch validation

From: Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@optimalco.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 08:35:04 -0700
To: Marc-Andre Roberge <Marc-Andre.Roberge@mus.ulaval.ca>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org, liam@htmlhelp.com

scripsit Marc-Andre Roberge:

> I have been using your service to validate the code of some 90 pages.
> Wouldn't it be nice to be able to validate the content of the entire local
> root directory of a site in one pass and see a basic report of which files
> did not validate in order to focus only on the problematic files?

I agree, that is a very useful feature.  For now, I use the WDG HTML
Validator [1] for batch jobs.  It is a true validator and will in
general give equally good results to the W3C validator.  It's maintained
by Liam Quinn, who's also on this list.

1. <http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/>

--
This e-mail was brought to you by the number e.

Thanasis Kinias
Doctoral Student, Department of History
Arizona State University
Tempe, Arizona, U.S.A.

Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul