Re: possible bug in the validator?

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:49:37 +0900
To: Vojtech Rynda <voitech@seznam.cz>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002, Vojtech Rynda wrote:
> So if I get it well, there's nothing I can do about it, because the charset
> specification is altered by the server anyway?

See the thread. Depending on your server, you can configure it to know
and send the proper charset information for one or more resources.

For apache you can set this up by adding AddDefaultCharset, AddType or
ForceType in a .htaccess file, e.g

<Files MyFile.html>
ForceType text/html;charset=my-charset
</Files>

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_mime.html#forcetype

If you use another server please see its documentation.

--
Olivier Thereaux - W3C
http://www.w3.org/People/olivier | http://yoda.zoy.org