Re: W3C "cannot interpret as utf-8"

I don't see a bug in the original document
(http://www.comiclist.com/lists/search.html) anymore;
I assume it has been fixed.

Tim is of course correct, an \xa0 *byte* is not valid UTF-8 at all.
The *character* U+00A0 is legal (X)HTML (it's  ), but that
character is represented as the two bytes \xC2\xA0 in UTF-8.

If Page Valet or the WDG validator were happy with a single \xa0
*byte* in UTF-8, then they have a bug and should be fixed.

Regards,    Martin.