Re: Beta: XML Output

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 00:41:16 +0100
To: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

* Terje Bless wrote:
>On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 11:16, Terje Bless wrote:
>
>>Guess people /really/ want this kind of interface to the Validator. :-)
>
>And I guess they also want to play nice:
>
>http://www.scottandrew.com/weblog/2002_10#a000447
>http://simon.incutio.com/archive/2002/10/29/#validatorWarning
>
>What say we leave it up for now and consider the matter again just
>before making the final release?

How to claim a release stable if there are experimental undocumented
features that will break in future releases? Either make the feature
official, document it and let people discuss it, i.e., make a revised
beta release, or remove the feature from this version. The longer the
feature is available, the more people will use it, will rely on it, and
the more people will cry if the feature breaks in future releases. It's
neither fair nor consequent to make a compromise in this regard.