Re: undetected error -- or not

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 07:24:23 +0100
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
cc: John Russell <ve3ll@rac.ca>

John Russell <ve3ll@rac.ca> wrote:

>I thought that <body> tag was required by html4.01 recommendation but
>the following sample verifies as ok by validator.w3 Amaya caught the
>error though as unmatched </body> tag.

The <body> element is implicitly opened by the first element that is not
allowed in the <head> element (or by the </head> tag, depending on how you
look at it). So in your example, the <body> element starts immediately
before the <h1> element.

--
"You gonna take advice from somebody who slapped DEE BARNES?!" -- eminem