Re: Beta: parse_errors must not split at :

>parse_errors() is unable to cope with Win32 paths since it splits the
>(o)nsgmls output at /:/ which is said to fail if the (o)nsgmls path
>contains a : like "c:\...".

Logged as Bug #45, but is unlikely to be fixed for this release.

There simply isn't any real solution to this that does not involve hacking
hairy C++ code inside OpenSP, or replacing the whole parser (IOW, big jobs
both of them). Nick Kew has put together code for OpenSP that gives us XML
output, but, again, this is tantamount to switching to a different parser
(in terms of implementation complexity).

Given that you can use UNC paths on `doze, I'm inclined to not worry overly
much about this. If this turns out to be a problem, we could make two
versions of the Validator available for download; one UN*X version and one
W32 version (the latter dealing with this issue).

--
Yes, Micro$oft products work extremely well after you lobotomize yourself,
affect a zombie-like stare, and forever chant the "Micro$oft-knows-best"